Juveniles Of Unmarried Minor May Obtain Permanent Residency

Juveniles of a unmarried minor may obtain permanent residency if he or she is eligible for long-term foster care or has been placed in the custody of a state agency or department, where it would not be in the child’s best interest to return to the home country.

Abused spouses and children
Persons who are married or the children of permanent residents and U.S. citizens and become the subjects of abuse or extreme cruelty by the spouse or parent may in some situations become permanent residents. The person must also have been present in the U.S. for 3 years and be of good moral character, and removal would cause extreme hardship. Reforms in these laws are quick to change.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *