Assistance With Rent – Public Resources

Help with Home Payments -Public Resources

Hurricane Harvey

 Contact the following agencies to find out if you qualify for help with your rent payments:

Your state housing finance agency or your local public housing agency office may have information about aid programs administered by your state.

Your local Housing and Urban Development (HUD) office is an excellent resource for information about programs that help with rent, tenant rights in your state, housing counseling, and public housing.

To find out what other help may be available for you locally, contact your state human/social service agency. Even if you are ineligible for benefits through these agencies, they may be able to provide referrals to community organizations that might offer help.

You may also search for and contact the community or nonprofit organizations in your area directly for help or referral information.


 The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) offers many programs designed to help veterans.

Senior Citizens

 The Eldercare Locator is a free service that can connect you with resources and programs designed to help seniors in your area.

Rural Residents

 Local Rural Development (RD) offices can help rural residents through the Rural Housing Service.

People with Disabilities

Information on housing options is available through


Source: USA.GOV> State Directory Of Homeless And Transitional Shelters, Food Banks, Food Stamps, Section 8 Housing, Legal Aid, Financial Aid…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *