If I Reside In Another Country Can I Still Collect My Social Security Benefits?

Yes, if you are a U.S. citizen, you can live abroad without affecting your right to collect your Social Security benefits. If you are not a U.S. citizen and you later return to live in the United States, you must provide evidence of your non-citizen status from the other country in order to receive benefits Read more…

If I Commit A Crime Can I Still Get My Social Security Benefits?

Arrest Warrants If you have an outstanding felony arrest warrant for fleeing custody you will not be eligible to receive Social Security retirement benefits for any month in which there was an outstanding arrest warrant. Felony Convictions If you are convicted of a felony and you are receiving Social Security benefits, you will not be Read more…

Circumstances That Affect Your Right To Social Security Retirement Benefits

According to the Social Security Administration (SSA) the following events may affect your right to collect all or part of your Social Security benefits: The first circumstance is getting married or divorced. Either one changes the economic circumstances of your living situation and therefor your benefits. If you receive your spouse’s benefits, your benefits Read more…

How Much Can I Earn Before It Affects My Social Security Benefits? Q & A

How Earnings Affect Retirement Benefits Will The Amount I Earn Affect My Social Security Benefits? You are permitted to collect Social Security retirement benefits while you are employed. Your earnings, in and after the month you reach your full retirement age, will not affect your Social Security benefits. However, the Social Security Administration (SSA) will Read more…

Elder Resources – Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Elder Care, Senior Life Insurance Plans

List Of Elder Resources   Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Hospice, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living, Caretakers, Senior Life Insurance, Elder Housing, and Elder Advocates. Families USA  Organization provides information on affordable health and long-term care and includes a directory of related sites that cover Medicaid and managed care. Also offers a wide range of materials to helpful elder Read more…

Is 70 The Best Age To Retire For Social Security Benefits?

Q:  Many people think that age 70 is the best age to retire and file for social security retirement benefits because they assume they will be collecting the maximum possible benefit since they had waited the longest possible time to collect. While this certainly sounds reasonable, is this actually how it works and are there certain circumstances where waiting to Read more…

Elder Law – Estate And End-Of-Life Planning – Power Of Attorney

WILLS & TRUSTS – CONSERVATORSHIPS – POWER OF ATTORNEY – HEALTH CARE DIRECTIVES – ELDER ABUSE – PROBATE & ESTATE LAWYERS…. Estate planning includes more then having your will and trust prepared. It also includes preparing final directives and end-of-life instructions for your children and loved ones to follow. This can include planning to have a conservatorship in place should Read more…

My Fiancé And Myself Are Disabled. Is It True Our SSI Benefits Will Go Down If We Get Married?

SOCIAL SECURITY INSURANCE REDUCED UPON MARRIAGE Q: Both my fiancé and myself are physically disabled. Is it true that our SSA benefits will be reduced if we get married? My fiancé and I both receive SSI benefits and the combined amount allows us to maintain our own residence and independence after many years of being dependent Read more…